Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electronics and communications engineering is an electrical engineering discipline that makes use of electrical components such as semiconductor devices, especially transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits, etc to design electronic circuits, devices, VLSI devices, and their systems.
ECE is a wider field that includes learning of Electrical and communication.
• B. Tech CSE is a 4-year undergraduate engineering course on practical and theoretical knowledge of Electrical Components.
• The minimum eligibility for this course requires passing class 12th/ Higher Secondary Examination in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English with a minimum of 75% marks.
• The student must know to have an understanding of the basic concepts of Physics that are going to be used in ECE.
• The student should also have knowledge about the programming language.
• Every year thousands of students take admission in Electronic and communication engineering.
• Students from the ECE have abilities to fit in their core as well as in the IT Sector.
• ECE is regarded as a field of larger opportunities, because of which every year the number of students opting ECE has started to increase.
Areas of Application-
• Analog and Radio Frequency Circuits: Without these cell phones, Wi-Fi, television will cease to exist. A lot of industries are established to meet consumer demands and in the process, they opened up a lot of job opportunities for electronics engineers.
• Communication & Signal Processing: This particular technology finds its application in transmission, storage, and analysis of information signals.
• Computer & Digital Systems: All the industries are able to advance technologically at a faster pace than before with the help of computers. These digital systems are everywhere from the smartwatches to the Mars rovers.
• Networking: With the boom on the internet, we are experiencing 3G, 4G services that help the organizations and industries to easily collaborate with people. There is a lot of scope for engineers who want to work in this technology.
• Computer vision & Image processing: These technologies are helping computers in areas like medical, surveying, photogrammetry, etc. For instance, now we have medical devices that can analyze data to not only display images but identify diseases too with the help of magneto-resonance imaging technology.
• Control systems & Robotics: With the advancement in the technologies lately more and more industries are adopting automation and robots into their operations to improve their efficiency. And a lot more industries are expected to adopt these technologies in the coming years.
• Remote Sensing: Communication via radio waves is essential for mobile devices, radios, and all the devices that are connected to the internet. From mapping to navigation, remote sensing plays a vital role in various technologies.
• Nanotechnology: The more efficient solar cells, faster transistors, tracking chips and microscopic sensors that we see today are the products of nanotechnology. A lot of industries are adopting this technology to make their products smaller and more efficient.
• Sustainable Energy & Power systems: Now industries are investing lots of their money and time to develop more efficient solar cells, windmills, systems that can generate power from tides, etc. This technology offers a wide range of job opportunities for electronics engineers.
• The Annual Salary package varies from 3 to 12 lakhs.
• The Average Package for CS Engineer is 2.5 to 3 Lakhs per annum.
• Electronic Engineers can go for M. Tech & MBA.
• Electronic Engineers can go for different government positions.
• Electronic Engineers can go for Research & Development